Friday, October 23, 2009

Aint It Da Truth...

I hate slang!! I am particularly careful when I speak, as to not sound like everyone else. Even when I text I use perfect English. No short cuts. No using numbers for words. I spell everything out trying my hardest not to conform. However, it is hilarious to me that the minute one of my knuckle head children does something to irritate me, the "Brook Lynn" in me rears her ugly, and might I add, ghetto head. Case in point: Today my 7 year old daughter (let's call her "M" so when I'm old and gray she doesn't put me in a home for putting her business in the streets) rolled her neck at me. I couldn't even tell you what we were talking about because I blacked out. All I remember are these words. "Who is you talkin' to. Imma give you 2 seconds to undastan dat I will reach round dis' chair n slap da black off ya." Go ahead and judge me if you want, but I know every parent, no matter how educated, has had one of these moments. Now ain't that da truth?

No comments:

Post a Comment